The topic of OSTEOPOROSIS is interesting because it relates to so many facets of HOW we live and WHO we are.
Yes, it has to do with aging, which reduces our own production of Testosterone, Progesterone, and Estrogens, in both men and women; …but that is too simplistic! The experts at Life Extension Foundation have done great research, which I gladly tap into. They explain that other factors play important roles in accelerating bone-loss, including:
- The lack of weight-bearing exercises, which will help the production of testosterone, a hormone very important for building strong bones.
- Then there are the factors of:
- Family history
- Body weight: being either obese or too skinny,
- Cardiovascular disease,
- Chronic stress and depression,
- Oxidative stress,
- And, certain medications, including corticosteroids, SSRI’s, and blood thinners.
For more information, and to find important bone supplements such as Boron, Silica, Strontium, Collagen, Vitamin K, and others, please visit …the Gesundheit! Nutrition Center on North 19th Avenue in Bozeman.