HEALTH PEARL #812
The liver is the largest organ in the body; and is separated by a RIGHT and a LEFT lobe. The right lobe is the larger of the two.
The primary functions of the liver are:
- Bile production and elimination,
- Expelling cholesterol, hormones, and drugs,
- …As well as metabolizing fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
Other functions of your liver are:
- Blood detoxification and purification,
- Enzyme activation,
- Storage of vitamins, minerals, and glycogen,
- And the synthesis of blood plasma proteins.
Cells in the liver are called HEPATOCYTES.
And, did you know they actually have the unique capacity to reproduce and regrow after liver surgery, or after an injury that has destroyed part of the liver?
Your liver is an essential organ and should be taken care of.
Specific herbs, such as Milk Thistle, Dandelion, and Burdock Root, have shown long-term benefits and healing properties.
These, and more… are available…at the Gesundheit! Nutrition Center on North 19th Avenue.